31 March 2014

Eric's blanket and the Pattern for a 6" Block stitch square

When I took the 40 joined motifs out to try it on the seat....Oh! dear I would need to make at least another 80 granny squares, so I suggested that we take off the border of the other black throw.....
 
add probably about 21 squares and a new border.

 Eric is all ready for his MOT next Saturday..wish him luck.
Bertie (in the background) will soon be ready too.
 So out came the end balls....and I made 21 new squares...
 unfortunately I made them with a 5mm hook and they should have been made with a
6mm hook...oooops! All too small.
 
I need to make them again
 
It's a pity I didn't realise before I finished all 21 squares
 
6" Block Stitch Square
 I was asked for a 6" block stitch square on Facebook in the week, so here is the pattern
PATTERN
6" Block St. Square
Us terms, 5 may be 5.5mm hook and an Aran weight yarn or two strands of DK.
Ch 23 including the st on hook
Row1: dc in 3rd st from hook, 1 dc in the next 20 sts. (21dc)
...

Row2: attach yarn in first st, ch2, sc in the third sp, ch 2, sc in the 6th sp ch2, sc in the 9th sp, ch2 sc in 12th sp, ch2' sc in the 15th sp, ch2, sc in the 18th sp, ch2, sc in the last st, cut and weave in ends,
Row3: 3dc in each ch sp, repeat to end
Row 4 repeat row 2
Row 5 repeat row 3
Continue to repeat rows 2and 3
15 rows should give you a 6" square
 

4 comments:

  1. Love the bold colors!!! Very pretty!!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris...thanks it is, what Phil wanted for his new classic car lol
      Hugs x

      Delete
  2. I love the colors. It looks very pretty!
    xxx Ria

    ReplyDelete