28 May 2013

PASTELS TO GO WITH A GRAPHITE COLOUR SOFA...

Been playing for an afternoon with some pastels to go on a very dark brown grey sofa for a friend who hasn't got as much time to crochet as I have lol
 
Sorry the colours aren't showing up as they actually are...the clouds have come back and the light is diabolical again.
 
I started with what i though would work on the graphite sofa
Sandra wants to make a one colour granny square combination but some colours she is trying aren't working..above is my selection.
then i tried making a few squares in 2 strands of mostly Stylecraft DK
Lettuce wanted to help holding it down for me lol
actually like the colours better on a beige back ground..ooops!
Added a moss stitch border and it is big enough for a cushion front now...sorry this is where the light went on holiday again!
tried a collage but the colOur is definitely SLIGHTLY OFF!!!
THE MOSS STITCH EDGE
CLICK THIS PICTURE AND THE COLOURS LOOK ALMOST RIGHT
 
 
Happy Hooking
 
The New sub's pattern site is almost ther and for all you lovely people who want in I will be in touch soon
 
hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. I left a comment and it jumped away somewhere! Now if you friend Sandra had known how complicated it was to find the right pastel colours to go with her brown-grey couch, she might have chosen another colour! LOL!
    I find the colours you have used above go just beautifully with your purple couch. I love the edging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe that happens to me sometimes no idea where they go...a land of lost blog comments no doubt lol
      Hehe I thought that too, now if we were talking reds and bright pinks no problem lol.
      We'll crack it one day
      Hugs x

      Delete
  2. beautiful blanket~ I've been wanting to make one like this... too many wips at the moment, but I love how yours turned out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a lot of those too lol.....not enough hands they can't keep up with the head hey?
      Hugs x

      Delete
  3. Lovely playing with a different colour spectrum! Always scares me a bit departing from known territory but then one discovers new combinations that absolutely sing and the joy is unimaginable! Go for it, Sue! And yes, I wish I were an octopus to keep at least four of my current projects in play at once! On a serious note though, i'd rather end my life with a whole raft of projects I wanted to make but hadn't had time for, than feeling I'd got to the end of the road and there was nothing more I wanted to create, so a plethora of WsIP is good for the soul in my book!! E x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really good way to look at it....life would be over if there was nothing new to learn or still 'do' lol
      So I will just add another dozen wips hehe
      Hugs x

      Delete